Friday 12 April 2013

Meet your new Best Friend "ADplus"

Print spooler on my Win2008 R2 box keeps on crashing...

View Diagnostics:

Server Manager - Diagnostics - Event Viewer - Applications and Services Logs - Microsoft - Windows - Printing Service

So I'm now going to monitor it to see what happens.. I am using Adplus to create memory dumps everytime I have a crash or hang

STEPS

1. Install Windows Debugging Tools SDK 
2. Install the symbols
3. setup the symbol path ie:

I added the symbol path: srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
4. Install winDBG

Open cmd in c:\program files\debugging tools for windows (x64)

Run

adplus.vbs -crash -quiet -pn spoolsv.exe -o c:\debug

adplus.vbs -hang -quiet -pn spoolsv.exe -o c:\debug


You will be presented with a message


"Attaching to 1556 - spoolsv in Hang mode 04/12/2013 09:06:41
Logs and memory dumps will be placed in c:\debug\date_time_hang_mode




No comments:

Post a Comment