Wednesday 10 April 2013

Error connecting to Printer (Windows 7) Error Code 0x00000003

Windows 7 PC - no Printers from GPO installed

When trying to install printers - "Error connecting to Printer" even though you can manually install the printer on LPT1 

So Error code 0x0000003 - the "3" means its looking for a directory called "3"  (this is my own analysis...if I'm wrong, sorry about that but it worked for me)

I also had error messages where it seems like I cannot add the printer drivers from the server.

So I went to my Server 

SERVER

c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\x83\3\

Removed user permissions - re-added user permissions.

Now, Able to install the printers and GPO can now install printers


 
" Change your thoughts and you change your world" ~ Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment