Tuesday 14 July 2009

Unable to Logon to Win2003 Domain AD Due to Windows Cannot Connect to the Domain Error

Yesterday I migrated 8 workstation to a new domain. 6 Machines migrated absolutely fine, the other 2 couldn't see the domain and complained of "Unable to Logon to Win2003 Domain AD Due to Windows Cannot Connect to the Domain Error"

One of the 2 machines worked fine this morning (mind baffling!) but I still have this problem with a Dell Latitude D505 laptop.

Steps I'm taking.....

I am unable to login with any domain account (hence the error) nor my local administrators account.

1. Unplug the network cable

2. Login as local administrator - unable to - even with the network cable unplug the OS still seeks a domain to authenticate against.

Using Ophcrack

- Download the latest Ophcrack (2.3.0) -unable to find any partitions with hashes - and even unable to mount the NTFS drive.

Downloading an older version (1.2.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive