Friday 14 October 2011

Windows 7 nonpaged pool Srv error 2017

I'm using a temp Windows 7 Server to share 2 lots of my shared files on-site while I waited for a new Dell Server to be delivered. So the problem I've been running into is that I use AD & a batch file to automatically map my users to this windows 7 box and their respective home folders & other folders, but my pc users are experiencing problems where they dont' get their drives mapped when they login - you have to either logoff and log back on or rerun the login batch file. I found this in the eventlog: Source: srv Event ID: 2017 Level: Error The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the server reached the configured limit for nonpaged pool allocations. Someone suggested changing the following registry settings: Set the following registry key to ’1′: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache and set the following registry key to ’3′: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size Followed by a restart of the server service. Thanks to: http://alan.lamielle.net/2009/09/03/windows-7-nonpaged-pool-srv-error-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment